OverviewTo creating a new Promotion, select Promotions in the navigation area, and then select Add New from the toolbar.
Basic Information TabThis tab contains the core details of your promotion. This includes the promotion name (which will be returned with the response when baskets are validated and your promotion is applied to it), along with the date range when your promotion is valid.
Promotion TypeSelect the type of promotion based on your requirements. Each promotion type behaves differently when it is applied to a basket. All promotion types allow the specification of Criteria to limit when they can be applied, and they also provide further configuration under Promotion Details specific to the selected Promotion Type. Further details for each Promotion Type are provided below under the Promotion Details section.
Promotion NameProvide a descriptive name for your promotion. A maximum of 1000 characters can be used. A short, concise and clear name for your promotion will help with understanding what it does and when it will be applied. In some cases the promotion name may be used when feeding back to the customer what has happened to their basket (for example on a receipt, or on an order confirmation page on a website) - so ensure it is a 'customer friendly' name.
Your ReferenceIn Qixol Promo each promotion is assigned a unique ID, however it is sometimes helpful to give Promotions your own unique reference to help with reporting, or integrating with external systems. A maximum of 100 characters can be used.
Valid FromIndicates the date from which the promotion is valid. When baskets are being validated, their date will be checked against the valid from and valid to dates defined for promotions, and where their date falls within that range - they will be used (though further restrictions on the promotion may mean it does not actually get used for the basket being validated). A valid from date must always be specified, and cannot be in the past.
Valid ToIndicates the date when the promotion will stop being valid. The valid to date is optional, but it is recommend to specify a value. If no valid to date is specified, the promotion is assumed to be valid forever. The valid to date cannot be before the valid from date.
Reporting CodeTo assist with managing promotions, reporting on promotion usage and the way in which the applied promotions are presented back to the customer - it is possible to define a reporting group code against each promotion. Reporting Codes are defined in the Configuration area. The selection of a reporting code is not mandatory.
Promotion GroupTo allow for the grouping of promotions (for example by season or sale), a promotion group can optionally be specified. Promotion Groups are defined in the Configuration area.
DescriptionThe description is a free-text field, and should provide a full description of your promotion and when it is used. There is no limit to how long a description can be specified. The description is not returned when validating baskets, so should be used to help other users to understand what the promotion is and when it can be applied.
End-User/Customer DescriptionThe End-User/Customer Description is a free-text field. When baskets are validated and the promotion is applied, the End-User/Customer Description will be returned with the summary of applied promotions so that it can be presented to the End-User/Customer where appropriate.
Published?Only published promotions are available to the Basket Manager services. Therefore, when first creating a promotion, it is recommended to leave the promotion as unpublished, so that it can be tested. Once the promotion has been confirmed as behaving in the required fashion, it can then be published and made available to any consumers of the Basket Manager services.
Once a promotion is published, it cannot be unpublished.
Criteria TabCriteria provide a mechanism of restricting when the promotion will be applied based on products or Campaign/Coupon codes provided, or basket or product attributes provided, with the basket being validated. Criteria specified can be either an Inclusion or Exclusion. If any exclusion criteria is matched, the promotion will not trigger.
To add a criteria against a specific product or products, click the Add Product Attribute button on the toolbar of the Product tab. To add a criteria against one or more values for an attribute of the basket click the Add Basket Attribute button. To add a criteria against a Campaign/Coupon, click the Add Campaign/Coupon button.
Add Product CriteriaProducts that have been added as an Criteria to the promotion will be validated based on product code, and optionally by variant code as well. By default products are grouped such that variant details are not displayed. If a specific variant is to be added as criteria, select the Show Variants tickbox to display all variants for all products.
Where products have been added as Criteria the promotion will only be applied if one or more of the required products exists in the basket. Dependant on the promotion type, it is possible to specify the number of items that must be in the basket (for example 3 of the same product must exist) - and also to define multiple groups of product criteria which must be met before the promotion will be applied.
Add Basket Attribute CriteriaOne or more values can be defined for an attribute of the basket to further restrict when the promotion is applied.
For example, a value of 'NEXTDAY' could be added for the Delivery Method attribute, to ensure that the promotion will only be applied when the basket being validated has a delivery method of 'NEXTDAY' supplied with it. Where multiple values are provided for an attribute, the promotion will be applied when any one of those values are found.
\You can add as many different values for an attribute as required, and there is no restriction on how many different attributes can be used. Only where one or more value for each attribute specified is met will the promotion be applied.
Add Timeband CriteriaThe availability of the promotion can be restricted to specific time periods within days. Multiple timebands can be created (where a timeband constitutes specified days of the week and a time period within those days). When a basket is being validated the date and time of the submitted basket will be checked to see if it falls within any Timeband, and if it does not the promotion will not be applied.
Promotion DetailsThe promotion details tab allows you to specify the Promotion Type for your promotion, and any specific configuration associated with that promotion type.
The following promotion types are available:
- Basket % or value off Provides the ability to discount the entire basket by a percentage or value, where the basket is deemed to meet the criteria (based on the valid from and to dates, and any Criteria specified).
- Delivery Reduction Provides the ability to reduce the delivery by a percentage or value, where the basket meets the criteria (based on the valid from and to dates and any Criteria specified).
- Bundle Price Provides the ability to bundle a set of products together, and sell them at once price. The discount amount is calculated to be the difference between the value of the items, and the new bundle price. The items to be bundled must be explicitly defined in the promotion (the specification of criteria using product attributes is not supported for this promotion type).
- Buy one get one free Provides the ability to indicate that if items are in the basket with a quantity of more than one, each second item will be free.
- Buy one get one reduced Provides the ability to indicate that if items are in the basket with a quantity of more than one, the second item will be reduced by a specified amount or percentage.
- Deal Price The Deal Price promotion type provides advanced functionality for matching items by different groups. This allows for bundles (buy any one from group A, and two from group B and get a defined discount), as well as 3 for 2 offers and more.
- Multi-buy Provides the ability to specify spend or quantity ranges, where a value of percentage discount is applied to products where they fall within the specified ranges.
- Product(s) % or value off Provides the ability to reduce specific items by a percentage or value, where the required items exist in the basket.
- Free Gift Provides the ability to add an item to the basket, where the basket meets the criteria (based on the valid from and to dates and any Criteria specified).
- Issue Points Provides the ability to issue points with the basket, where the basket meets the criteria (based on the valid from and to dates and any Criteria specified). A fixed number of points can be issued, or a number of points based on the value of the whole basket, or only those items matched in the basket.
- Issue Voucher Code Provides the ability to issue a voucher code with the basket, where the basket meets the criteria (based on the valid from and to dates and any Criteria specified).
- Workflow Trigger Provides the ability to set an attribute at either the basket or line level on the basket resposne, to be used to trigger an action or workflow in an integrated system.
For more details on the Basket % or value off promotion, click here
For more details on the Delivery Reduction promotion, click here
For more details on the Bundle Price promotion, click here
For more details on the Buy one get one free promotion, click here
For more details on the Buy one get one reduced promotion, click here
For more details on the Deal Price promotion, click here
For more details on the Multi-buy promotion, click here
For more details on the Product(s) % or value off promotion, click here
For more details on the Free Gift promotion, click here
For more details on the Issue Points promotion, click here
For more details on the Issue Voucher Code promotion, click here
For more details on the Workflow Trigger promotion, click here
Discount ItemsFor the Deal Price and Product % or value off promotion types, one or more Discount Items can be specified. Discount Items are only available when the Apply Discount to option is set to Selected Discount Items. Additionally, for the Free Product promotion type, a discount item is specified to indicate which product should be added to the basket.
When this option is in use, and the promotion is validated for a basket such that it will be applied, the items defined in the Discount Items list will be discounted. The amount of discount applied is defined by the % discount or value discount specified. All items matched in the basket being validated, against the items defined in the Discount Items list will be discounted.
Conflict ManagementTo check whether the current promotion will conflict with any other promotions, click the Check for Conflicts button.
A list of promotions which conflict with the current promotion will then be displayed. It is recommended that Promotions should not conflict with each other, in order to ensure that the desired promotion is applied to baskets being validated.